We are looking for a new colleague, as from August 2017, for the position of:
Ballet Master NDT 1 m/f
Fulltime employment (38.00 hours per week)
The Ballet Master has the following tasks/responsibilities, among others:
- Assisting choreographers in their creative process;
- Maintaining ballets of existing repertoire which are performed nationally and internationally from NDT1;
- Traveling globally with the company and be responsible for specific works in rehearsals, generals, and performances;
- Nurturing the artists of the company artistically and support them in creative processes along with the rest of the artistic team;
- Ability to teach the company classical ballet class when necessary, either for short periods in The Hague, or on tour with the company.
Suitable candidates for this position will need the following qualities:
- A good experience in a broad variety of contemporary styles and creative processes in assisting choreographers and rehearsing existing repertoire;
- Good people skills and a sense of working as a team with top artists from around the world;
- Communication skills in English.
Nederlands Dans Theater offers a flexible working environment with a pleasant, informal and professional atmosphere. The salary depends on education and experience. The Collective Agreement for Theatre & Dance applies to this position. Please e-mail your motivation letter and full CV by 1 May 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position title.